Just days after recall petitions were turned into the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is demanding Governor Walker cease a so-called “recall stall” and effectively end the verification process for the nearly one million recall signatures.
Despite a signature gathering period marred by numerous concrete and anecdotal incidents of fraud, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is brazenly demanding Governor Walker “instruct his fanatics” to cease their efforts to verify the recall signatures. Their logic of course being that since the Democratic Party claimed they have one million signatures, it would be “frivolous” to ascertain how many of those signatures are valid.
And here’s why this call by Mike Tate and the Wisconsin Democrats is total hypocrisy.
- For over 3 weeks in early 2011, 14 Democratic state senators fled Wisconsin to Illinois to indefinitely delay a vote on Governor Walker’s Budget Repair Bill.
- When the Budget Repair Bill was passed in mid-March 2011, Democrat Secretary of State Doug La Follette delayed publishing the new law.
- Before the Budget Repair Bill could go into effect, Democrat District Attorney Ismael Ozanne filed a lawsuit with the Dane County Circuit Court to issue a stay on the law.
- After losing the 2011 Wisconsin Supreme Court election, liberal candidate JoAnne Kloppenburg demanded a month-long recount that saw little change in the vote totals and confirmed a Prosser victory.
The recall is going to be expensive for taxpayers. However it’s only going to be expensive because the Democrats insisted on it. Instead of waiting until the next election, they threw a tantrum that is resulting in something totally unnecessary.
- Wisconsin Democrats Have A Million Signatures To Recall Governor Scott Walker (alan.com)
- Monday Hot Read – Tom McMahon’s “Pomposity and Hypocrisy in Wisconsin” (norunnyeggs.com)
- Scott Walker and Rush Limbaugh – Transcript (freedomeden.blogspot.com)