The NFL season is underway. I thought that this year I would attempt to look into the crystal ball and make some predictions. Without further ado here are my uninformed predictions on the NFL season:
While the Vikings won the division last year, the Packers are the team to beat. The Lions are coming off the worst year in NFL history and don’t look very improved. Chicago and Minnesota will battle for 2nd place and a wild-card berth but defense will give it to Minnesota.
1. Green Bay Packers – Barring a major injury the Packers have the offensive fire power and an impressive new 3-4 defense that may just make them the team to beat in the NFC.
2. Minnesota Vikings (Wildcard) – Sorry Vikings fans adding Brett Favre to an offense featuring Adrian Peterson will not bring you to the promised land this year, even with a strong defense. But the playoffs are likely. If Favre doesn’t play all year look for it to be a .500 season.
3. Chicago Lions – Jay Cutler may be the new guy in town but did he really do much in Denver? If he surprises and the aging defense holds it together, could make a run for 2nd place and a wild-card berth.
4. Detroit Lions – Not much improvement in a team that had the worst record in NFL history last year. While another winless year is unlikely don’t look for many wins here.
The rest of the NFL.
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Philadelphia Eagles (Wild Card)
3. New York Giants
4. Washington Redskins
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Atlanta Falcons
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. St. Louis Rams
1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns
1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins (Wild card)
3. New York Jets
4. Buffalo Bills
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Oakland Raiders
2. Indianapolis Colts (Wildcard)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Houston Texans
Look for the Packers to have the #1 seed in the NFC and the Steelers to the #1 seed in the AFC.
NFC Champion: Packers
AFC Champion: Titans
No prediction for the NFL Championship.
In February 2010 we’ll see how the crystal ball held up.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Is This the Year the NFC Reigns Supreme? (bleacherreport.com)
- Final Pre-Season NFL Power Rankings (inquisitr.com)
- 2010 Super Bowl Odds to Win Super Bowl XLIV – NFL Futures Betting Odds (touthouse.com)